• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

First time I had to take off my clothes to do an inspection!

Two stories...

The Air Force Fire Department used to have inspectors for residential fire inspectors... They don't do that anymore, too many wives with husbands overseas.

I have worked in nuclear power plants and to conduct anytype of work in the areas that have contamination you have to take off your street clothes and get into anti-contamination coveralls. Most old plants do not have areas for changing, so you drop your clothes in a common storage area. Of course it is co-ed. Had one unskilled laborer drop down to the shorts and walk through the building. Her second job was at a local topless club.