• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

fixed ladders

Stealer

Hi all, New guy here.

I have a quetion, i am under the impression you can NOT use a fixed ladder as a end support of at platform, am I wrong, I can't find anything in the reg's stating that I can't do that???

Stealer said:
Hi all, New guy here.I have a quetion, i am under the impression you can NOT use a fixed ladder as a end support of at platform, am I wrong, I can't find anything in the reg's stating that I can't do that???
With certain requirements...yes...as long as it is structurally adequate and it's use as a ladder is not impinged, there is nothing that I am aware of that specifically prohibits it.....

Welcome

How did you find us??

What kind of platform?

What is on the platform

What edition of Ibc are you under

Stealer said:
One the InternetCatwalk above an industrial Kiln

Access to thermal couples

Not sure
Should have asked about how many square feet is the platform