• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Flood Plain Manager

TimNY

Platinum Member
Anybody done any training or gotten the CFM certification?

I am trying to find some local training.. which doesn't seem to exist anywhere in my region.

I see FEMA has a 1-week course in Maryland; anybody taken this?

Tim,

Does your state emergency management agency provide any training? In Missouri, our state emergency management agency has partnered with FEMA and ASFPM and provides very thorough training and preparation for the CFM exam. The ASFPM is the organization responsible for the certification.

cboboggs said:
Tim,Does your state emergency management agency provide any training? In Missouri, our state emergency management agency has partnered with FEMA and ASFPM and provides very thorough training and preparation for the CFM exam. The ASFPM is the organization responsible for the certification.
A great couple day seminar for CFM training was down in the Ozarks at Port Arrow Head. I went down spent a few days and then found out on the last day that the department secretary forgot to pay for the test and they only had me on the roster for training. No CFM for me, and now the County won't send me back, no money in the budget for the last three years. They just want me to have the knowledge they could care less about the paper. Sigh, paper looks good on the resume.

Greetings,

Here in Tx FEMA does the training in conjunction with the Tx Floodplain Management ***. I went throught the process a couple of years ago. The course is a 4 day course with the test administered on the 5th day. When I took it there were 32 out of 42 passed as I recall. I passed as well. It was fairly intense. Fortuanately I had gone through some previous training which really helped. I don't know recall how much it cost. So if your in Tx or fairly close that might be an option.

This might help. If nothing else they might direct you in the right direction.

http://www.tfma.org/

BS