• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Forms or Guidelines

Parkville

I am always getting E-Mail with request from other B.O’s for a copy of my forms or Guidelines. I guess someone could ask in other topic area or there could be a place specific for forms or Guideline requests.

I remember on the other (not to be mentioned) site if someone ask for a for or guideline or forms it ended up being several pages of “ I would like a copy also”. I am always happy to send requests.

Since our job of dealing with the public is not an easy one, I am always looking for a better way to do things.

Re: Forms or Guidelines

We can post them in the appropriate area and make them a sticky so that it is always at the top of the posts.

The poster will have to provide a good link to the PDF, DOC or XLS file

Jeff, Perhaps it would be good to have a section for "permit techs" and office management. The icc (international cash cow) is very busy "growing" the permit tech position. This is not to say they are not on the right track on this issue. Permit techs are the legs we all stand on. I would not trade my permit tech for a million bucks!

Without making the thread list longer, it is my opinion that items such as permit techs would fit nicely under Code Adminstration. Thoughts?

I did not think of the Code Admin area. That would be a great place to sticky forms and guidelines.

Jeff I have started a thread over at code Admin.

Jeff,

In the interest of "right sizing / downsizing" the current thread list, [ just my 2 cents worth ], but I would

suggest that we shorten the existing list down some.

Example: Install the Residential & Commercial Seismic threads into the Residential & Commercial

Foundation threads. [ A Commercial Foundation thread would need to be created though! ];

combine the Architects, Building Designers & Contractors into a single thread; the Zoning,

Green-LEED, Palaeartic-AfricanBird Migration, Certfications, Elevators & Sewage threads could

all be incorporated in to other threads.

What do you think?