• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Forum LOGO Poll - Design Concept

Pick Your Favorite Logo (final logo can be edited)

• FD-01

• FD-02

• FD-03

• AA-01

• AA-02

• AA-03

• SM-01

• SM-02

Results are only viewable after voting.
Poll doesn't work. I can't vote.

Firefox browser. Up to date.
There has been a known issue between Firefox and Xenforo for a few years and it is not resolved. We are't even allowed to use Firefox at work anymore where I work. You will have to log in with a different browser so you can vote and we need you to vote.

There has been a known issue between Firefox and Xenforo for a few years and it is not resolved. We are't even allowed to use Firefox at work anymore where I work. You will have to log in with a different browser so you can vote and we need you to vote.
I use Firefox and had no issue with the poll. I tried Chrome to see if the stair video that I can’t open would work and that didn’t change. I did notice that there are a lot more ads with Chrome browser.

It also doesn't work in Microsoft Edge or in Brave. I don't have Chrome on my computer and I won't, for security reasons (I consider Google Chrome to be a virus), so I guess I can't vote.

It also doesn't work in Microsoft Edge or in Brave. I don't have Chrome on my computer and I won't, for security reasons (I consider Google Chrome to be a virus), so I guess I can't vote.
I am not an IT professional, I never heard of a problem like this before in the last 14 years. This is a first. Maybe it’s your computer. I heard of edge. I have no idea what the other thing you named was. Never heard of it. Love to help you, but I don’t know how I could because I don’t make the software I just pay for it.

Love to help you, but I don’t know how I could because I don’t make the software I just pay for it.

I know it's not your fault. IMHO, Microsoft started this years ago when they started hiding back doors and undocumented features in MS-DOS at around version 4 or 5. The rest of the computer world had to write programs that fit the rules, but Microsoft had secret rules that their software could exploit ... but nobody else could because those features sere hidden and undocumented.

Now that we'e up to Windows 10 and Windows 11, the notion of standardized rules have pretty much gone out the window. (No pun intended.) In theory, every application should run on every browser ... but they don't. It's incredibly annoying. I periodically visit a number of web sites, and I currently have five different browsers on my computer (not counting Microsoft Internet Explorer, which is officially obsolete and unsupported) simply because I need them to be able to access different sites.

I know it's not your fault. IMHO, Microsoft started this years ago when they started hiding back doors and undocumented features in MS-DOS at around version 4 or 5. The rest of the computer world had to write programs that fit the rules, but Microsoft had secret rules that their software could exploit ... but nobody else could because those features sere hidden and undocumented.

Now that we'e up to Windows 10 and Windows 11, the notion of standardized rules have pretty much gone out the window. (No pun intended.) In theory, every application should run on every browser ... but they don't. It's incredibly annoying. I periodically visit a number of web sites, and I currently have five different browsers on my computer (not counting Microsoft Internet Explorer, which is officially obsolete and unsupported) simply because I need them to be able to access different sites.
At work we are to use Chrome. We have a secure system and tie into the same facility that houses the PD server that is governed by CJIS. As a matter of fact I have a CJIS certification. Our IT company specializes in CJIS systems for multiple PDs and he has us using Chrome. Firefox is a no-no to us. We just went through an IT audit by the FL IG. Right now the safest, most usable browser for us is Chrome. At home I use Chrome or Safari on a rare occasion such as when I am on an American Airlines flight because I have no choice.

At work we are to use Chrome. We have a secure system and tie into the same facility that houses the PD server that is governed by CJIS. As a matter of fact I have a CJIS certification. Our IT company specializes in CJIS systems for multiple PDs and he has us using Chrome. Firefox is a no-no to us.

Different strokes for different folks -- and for different IT departments, apparently. The municipal system I'm on at work uses Firefox, not Chrome. I've never asked why -- I was just very happy when I started work there and found Firefox waiting for me on my work computer.

This is the kind of honest feedback we need.
I agree with Chris. I held back on saying anything because you paid for these examples and apparently you like a few of them. Besides that sometimes I'm a little too honest with you and it was a chance to relax. But ya, these pretty much suck.

My first thought was he's got some money burning a hole in his pocket... have you been on a safari?

I agree with Chris. I held back on saying anything because you paid for these examples and apparently you like a few of them. Besides that sometimes I'm a little too honest with you and it was a chance to relax. But ya, these pretty much suck.

My first thought was he's got some money burning a hole in his pocket... have you been on a safari?
It was time. I can see if they will give me more options but I doubt it. I was trying to keep my costs down.

I don't thinks it's going to make a big difference which one you go with.... it's having a logo that matters. Keep the poll at the top and give it a more time. Perhaps members can come up with some examples to choose from. I gave it a shot with Bing and there's a bunch more options out there. It's been fourteen years... whats a few more months?

One of the issues is that, with the sole exception of AA-LO-03, all of them emphasize either "Building" or "Building Code" and leave "Forum" in much smaller type. From any distance or at a quick scan, you don't see the "Forum" part.

Also, most of them are much wider than they are tall. That's okay for a logo across the top of a web forum, but it doesn't work as a logo for shirts, jackets, or baseball caps.

What is the mission here? To promote education to further public safety? Then that should be the design intent of the logo.

What I have seen so far will not catch anybody's interest.

IMHO there needs to be a profound statement that catches the eye and makes young and old think and then draws the eye to the logo.

What is the mission here? To promote education to further public safety? Then that should be the design intent of the logo.

What I have seen so far will not catch anybody's interest.

IMHO there needs to be a profound statement that catches the eye and makes young and old think and then draws the eye to the logo.
I agree. I think the logo branding is simply the forum itself. I like ICE's idea of putting .com on the logo he initially liked. I am not sure there is a mission statement here, but it may help to have one. As a reminder, we can have revisions to the logos so what you see is not necessarily what you get. Let's see what happens with comments on Monday & Tuesday when the bulk of the regulars are back. If the logo company won't go back to the drawing board then I will just write it up as a loss and try again. I paid for 6 options, answered a ton of questions about the forum and looked at sample logos from major companies so they knew which direction to go it. The first two logos look like they did not listen to us at all. I have a flight early Monday morning for a conference in N.O. but will be able to check in all week.