• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Forum Software Major Upgrade

jar546

Forum Coordinator
We have been cruising along in the what was new forum software for a few years now. Since that time we have always taken advantage of the 'updates' to fix small bugs and keep things running smooth as different operating systems and browsers change. We have not upgraded, however, to the most recent version that has been on the market for a while now, v2.0. We are still in v1.0. I don't plan on upgrading just yet.

Here is why. To go from v1.0 to wherever they are in v2.0 is a MAJOR upgrade and will be an expensive move. I cannot guarantee that we won't once again lose some things. For that reason alone, I have decided to hold off until they no longer support v1.0 OR I feel that we are falling behind the tech curve. When we moved to this Xenforo platform from Vbulletin, it was a major change, a very big change. The upgrade won't be as bad since we are within the same software company but I don't want to take a chance or spend unnecessary money if we don't have to.

Just keeping everyone in the loop. There are at least 2 of us each day that do the maintenance to this site and every month or so I have to pay the IT guy to do the stuff I am not capable of. It is a never-ending job that you would think could be on automatic pilot by now.

If anyone is on a Xenforo board that has upgraded to v2.0 and has some input, please share with all of us.

Thank you,
J

definition of upgrade = we made some stuff better that you never use and will break things you use every day