• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Foundation issue or normal?

Modo1985

Hi,

I am considering buying a foreclosed home. The home has a gap between the concrete that is under the basement window and the brick exterior. Considering it is a foreclosure that cannot be inspected, I am curious as to if this is an issue. Thank you!

You’re not on the right forum to ask that type of question, but you will get some opinions.

Are you saying the house has brick veneer, and it’s pulling away from the concrete wall? Usually the
brick is gapped away from the wall about a half inch anyway, so as long as the brick ties are in good
condition, it's probably cosmetic.

Hi,

I am considering buying a foreclosed home. The home has a gap between the concrete that is under the basement window and the brick exterior. Considering it is a foreclosure that cannot be inspected, I am curious as to if this is an issue. Thank you!

If you can take a couple of pictures

make a link and post or Flickr or would help