• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

from pond scum we came

I was stationed not far from Hamburg in the late 80's while in the army. While it might work in the "warm" sunny season, in Hamburg that would be about mid-late May through August, with anything over 85 beingvery hot. The rest of the year is partly cloudy at best, but usually overcast with a lot of rain. It became 2nd nature to carry your rain gear, and light drizzle (which happened a lot) didn't even phase us. Think Seattle but farther north, meaning even shorter days in the winter. The shortest days the sun didn't come up untilafter 8 and it was dark again by 5. BTW, I'm not whining about it, I actually liked it there and had a great experience.