• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

From start to finish,

ICE

Oh Well
swimming pools can be a challenge.

A general contractor took out permits for a pool demo, el. service upgrade and gas pipe. This is the first time I have seen the drain holes saw cut. It's usually a done with a jack hammer. When I asked to see the termination of the electrical, I was led to the panel.

The contr. installed a new service and then shows me a picture of gas pipe that has been installed under the house. They said that there was a ground joint union in the picture. I couldn't see it because it was covered in pipe dope. There is so much dope that I immediately asked, What's that?

DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the diving board on the left side of the picture? Are they planning on installing any pipes to the drains or will the owner let a couple garden hoses run continuously? He could save money and eliminate the filtration system!

High Desert said:
Are you kidding me? Someone actually admitted to installing that service?
He not only admitted it, he insists that he knows what he is doing. I went back for a re-inspection a few days ago and the work has gotten worse so I voided his permits and told him to send in licensed electrical and plumbing contractors to obtain new permits and do the work over. He has been to the office and talked with a supervisor and nobody has said anything to me. So I suppose the supervisor put salve on his wounds and promised to get him through this without that mean inspector knowing about it. That's fine with me. I hope they pull it off.