• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

FYI Only. Additional funds to attend the energy code hearings.

That will be interesting Jim. I'm there for all of the energy hearings. Funded by my jurisdiction and the Central Oregon Chapter ICC. Did you participate in the webinar? Curious to know what it entailed. IABO was going to have scholarship funding (which fell through) with no strings attached, not even a webinar to try to sway a vote or two.

There needs to be more voting members in attendance than there were at the committee hearings in Dallas. Unfortunately I'm not a voting member and I won't be able to stay for the energy code hearings. I'm an advocate for good code language and will always speak to that point as I did in Dallas. There were many code changes in Dallas that the committee had the wisdom to disapprove. I hope the final action hearings keep that momentum going.