• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Gas Flex Aluminum - Has anyone seen me yet?

Architect1281

Gold Member
This is the product that our department was asked to permit on gas line installations -

:: gasflex ::

Has anyone here been asked to allow or issued permits for installation.

My Mechanical inspector was and did some interesting research while speaking to SGS to verify compliance.

Has anyone else made the call to the certification agency?

Curious as to what response you encountered....?

SGS May have only approved this product for use as a conduit ans the claims in the advertising may not be supported by the actual test and taht SGS may be looking into the the matter and may have been grateful for his inquiry?

I really would not want to be too defenitive as the SGS may be investigating the potential mis application of their alleged review..and potential misrepresentation. As rumored to have occured in a lengthy telephone conversation with our Mech Wizard..

The may is on purpose.