1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Gas Flex Aluminum - Has anyone seen me yet?

Discussion in 'Commercial Fuel Gas Codes' started by Architect1281, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Architect1281

Architect1281 Gold Member

This is the product that our department was asked to permit on gas line installations -

:: gasflex ::

Has anyone here been asked to allow or issued permits for installation.

My Mechanical inspector was and did some interesting research while speaking to SGS to verify compliance.

Has anyone else made the call to the certification agency?

Curious as to what response you encountered....?

2. cda

cda Sawhorse

So what did he find out in the research????

3. Architect1281

SGS May have only approved this product for use as a conduit ans the claims in the advertising may not be supported by the actual test and taht SGS may be looking into the the matter and may have been grateful for his inquiry?

4. steveray

steveray Sawhorse

Other than the section of NFPA 54 (that they nicely bubbled for us) prohibiting it in outdoor installations.......

5. north star

north star Sawhorse

= = = =

`Lot of "mays" there **Architect1281**.

= = = =

6. Architect1281

I really would not want to be too defenitive as the SGS may be investigating the potential mis application of their alleged review..and potential misrepresentation. As rumored to have occured in a lengthy telephone conversation with our Mech Wizard..

The may is on purpose.

7. Architect1281

On a Similar Note see Commercial Electric Post