• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Golf Cart Storage and Concrete Widow-Maker

benny

Bronze Member
Met with a contractor at our local golf course. They are proposing a lean to storage for golf carts using the existing cantilevered floor beams. He was surprised when I told him engineering will be required. I had to share the photo of the concrete widow maker; let me know your thoughts (about this project).Thanks.

View attachment 1698

View attachment 1698

/monthly_2012_05/572953e69997d_concretewidowmaker.jpg.472cdca0fa916517a0ebbc2aae1091d3.jpg

= = =

That issue needs to be taped off and have warning signs posted.

Refer to Section 109 in the IPMC.

+ + +

Educate the laymen, is that obviously non-compliant when built, or are we looking at something thats 40 yrs old?

I'm not sure how old it is, but it appears to be pretty old. I'm planning on having them remove it as a condition of their building permit. If they decide to not go through with the project then I will treat it as a hazardous building element and have it removed.