• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Good morning snow winter 2009-2010

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Yup, first one of the year. Here we go again. Only 3.5 inches.

IMG_7430.JPG

Re: Good morning snow winter 2009-2010

Jar,

Had snow and freezing weather from San Antonio, through Houston, Texas; and Southern Louisana.

Global Warming is too Cool. :cool:

Uncle Bob

Had a couple inches ourselves last night/today, not the first though, third maybe? Been cold though, a couple below zero nights in the last few days. Inspector Gift is also getting hammered with some REALLY cold stuff;

"Drove out to look at the frozen Missouri River... Amazing to see. 2 degrees and still dropping... Expected to be -18 tonight and -24 tomorrow night. Brrrrrrr...... :^ z"

Yeah, global warming, my aching a$$............

No snow for us except a little dusting. I live in a vortex just outside the lake effect area. I was hoping for some snow for hunting but nothing. My blood hasn't thickened yet since we had a warm October and November and yesterday I froze up in the tree. The funny thing besides the site of me in a tree was my hunting buddy is from Florida too and while walking back to the truck we both said something to effect about global warming :lol:

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, from Wyoming!!! -6 and counting tonight. :lol:

Terre, you moved to Montana why? :lol: :lol: :lol:

3-5 here on the East side of the Delaware. Not too cold yet, enough to hold the snow for today.

By the way Gentlemen, it's 'Climate Change'.

54 for the high here in Atlanta.

And to think one if the jobs adds I looked at earlier in the year was at the South Pole research station. It is summer there but...

I just could not see being away from home for six-eight months up to my belly button in snow.

JPranch, I love my job!! It makes my teeth chatter with excitement just thinking about it.... oh, you say that's from the cold?? I see your point... yeah, my legs are shivering, and my ears, fingers and toes are feeling it too! But I still love my job! :D :lol: ;) (Just have to dress for the weather, and keep the engine warm.)

Today's high was 9 degrees. It is currently 3 degrees, Sunday night, and is expected to drop to -12.

Monday's Forecast for Great Falls, Montana:

High: -2°F

Low: -21°F

:shock:

A cousin of mine spent a couple of years in Alaska with her (then) hubby who was working on the pipeline. In a letter home one time she told her parents that they had a 'heat wave' the week before... it had gone all the way up to 20 below!

Can't say I look forward to the negative numbers, but I have always enjoyed winter.

Snow falling this morning in the Sacramento area.

The California Legislature will take action on ending the Global Morning scare if snow flakes land on the capital dome.

Well a few flakes in a sea of flakes.

-17 and snowing here this morning. Terre, I lvoe it here and the job is great too! jp

Woke up this morning with about 1/2" on the ground.

Can't wait for the rest of it.

-7 degrees here in Msla, and yes we do have one guy who wants a footing inspection today, HA, oh yeah, the wind is around 25mph, so you do the math, buurrr!

And I thought it was cold here!! 37°..........I guess I'll stick with Texas!

Mule - It's all relative...

My cousins in Florida break out the down coats at 65 degrees. :lol: We're in the low 20s this morning & I haven't even taken mine out yet! ;) (no pun intended, it just worked out that way...).

Humidity has a lot to do with it 44% here and -3 finally had to break out the Carhart and flannel lined jeans. For those who can't do the math

WIND CHILL VALUES: WIND CHILL READINGS OF 20 TO 40 BELOW ZERO

WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THIS MORNING.

We have a lot of people here that are living in RV's. They are all trying to thaw out their water and sewer lines this morning. My plans examiner has been living in a 5th wheel for the last 3 winters. Now that is tough! :shock:

Well, we're at a balmy 3 degrees this am, high of 25 predicted for today. We have about 2 inches of new snow and it's slicker than owl s**t on the roads. Just love that black ice. :eek: Doughnuts in the parking lot.....whee.......! Bad thing is, the county isn't plowing the roads, except school bus routes and those were missed this AM, due to lack of funds.

Sue, ready to hitch up the sleigh............ :cool:

sue,

12 degrees and 3" of new snow here. nice 50 mile commute this morning on the skating rink aka Interstate 5. time to put away the motorcycle and gardening tools and bring out the golf clubs and ice fishing gear, winters here :mrgreen:

We had three inches of rain in about twenty minutes on Wednesday. With El Nino I think we will even get a snow this year.

I was working in the yard Sunday, in short shirt sleeves and shorts... dropped down to 58 and I had to go put jeans and a sweat shirt on... I know what you mean, it's getting cold out there! :lol: