• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

good thing or bad thing?

peach

That as long as we pay our recertification fee, that we don't have to re-test?

I hung my plan review hat up long ago.. but I can maintain all my certifications by just paying for them. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing.. I'd hate to study again for commercial electrical inspector..

Just saying that sitting on our past laurels necessarily qualifies us to continue doing what we knew 15 years ago.

Well, we have to get a little continuing education also. :D

I do agree, I do not want to retest but a little more continuing ed might be nice....IF we had both the budget and the time to get the education.

I think continuing ed and ALSO continuing to work in the field would be about the same as retesting to new code editions. If someone took a 10 year break from working, now, there might be an issue with their knowledge base.