• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Green is Profitable

Uncle Bob

The old "brick in the toilet tank" trick. Kimberly-Clark will make a lot of money on this piece of crap;

http://agreenzone.com/kimberly-clark-gives-away-plastic-toilet-tank-inserts-as-product-promotion/

I remember when folks used to put a brick in the toilet tank and; when it didn't flush properly would call me out (I was a Plumber) and ask me to fix the toilet. I would take the brick out; the toilet would flush correctly; and hand them a bill for a service call. Those were the good old days.

The Green movement is only good for making money; but, it is great at that.

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
When you flush twice to make the toilet work don't you use more water?

Although, the big flush/little flush toilets seem like a good idea to me (#1 and #2 require different flush quantities).

Paul:

As I said in the female urinal thread a church ADA project I did had a "Flush three times" sign in the ladies room, at the same time I put a master bath addition on a home with a new Toto water saving toilet, I was sending roto rooter back so many times that I finally met the guy and asked him where he was encountering the obstruction in the sewer, he told me there was no obstruction, that he was finding nothing up but toilet paper. The woman blamed her husband for using lots of toilet paper, since we had a shower just downstream form the toilet I told her to tell him to turn on the shower for several minutes after using the toilet to flush the toilet paper through.

About 6 months ago I finally installed two Toto dual flush toilets in my own home my water bills were getting so high, but we don't use toilet paper having switched to Washlets 20 years ago after I suffered colon damage from cancer treatment. But, you have to keep a tolet brush next to the toilets and clean them a few times every week.

\ said:
Calorie Police will create the Dietary requirements to adjust the quantity.
Architect:

This is no joke, our air quality board is now not only making people remove their fireplaces before selling (or installing inserts) but making diary framers "adjust" the diets of cows.

\ said:
Homeowners with open hearth fireplaces could be required to upgrade to low-emitting fireplace inserts or stoves before selling their homes

A Bay Area version of a "Cash for Clunkers" program could be expanded to get polluting cars off the road.

Dairies in the Bay Area could be required to reduce methane gas from their cows by providing animal feed that reduces their passing or belching gas, and wineries could be required to minimize sweet-smelling emissions from fermentation tanks.¹
Totalitarianism anyone?

¹ http://forums.thedailyshow.com/?page=ThreadView&thread_id=30604