• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Greetings

Frank Lloyd Left

Hello Everyone. I think I've come across this forum here and there when searching code topics and it was about time I joined. Just posted a fun one over in the Commercial Fire Codes section.

I am an architect in the Chicago area with the bulk of my career to this point in high-rise residential projects. Started my own small office several years ago so I'm finding myself scratching my head about entirely new sets of code issues and design decisions as the types of projects we take on becomes more broad.

Happy to lend my experience/ expertise anywhere I can. Like most of us I'm sure, I have a handful of "don't ask me how I know" bits I've picked up along the way.

Welcome! We are glad to have you!

Do consider becoming a Sawhorse if you find value in the forum. It'll help keep the lights on around here.

$ ~ $

Also, ...a hearty Welcome to you Mr. Left

Hopefully you meant "definitely" in becoming a Sawhorse.
This Forum is
THE BEST Codes & Standards Forum on the internet,
...bar none ! :)

$ ~ $

Welcome. Guessing we know a lot of the same folks. I was a theatre consultant (down the street from your doppelganger's "home and studio") from 1989 to 2019, and worked for a lot of Chicago architects. Did Chicago ever switch over to ICC codes?