• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ground clamp/anti-siphon

I think mule pointed out a missing anti-siphon on a hose bibb in another picture I posted. I just wanted him to see that I also require them.

DSCN0002.jpg

Re: anti-siphon

Can you explain the polyken under what appears to be a groung clamp and non around the copper pipe going through the masonry/plaster wall?

I remember when jar 1st started posting pictures and I wondered where did he get them but I think your area has him beat :lol:

mtlogcabin,

On every re-pipe inspection the first thing I ask is where is the electrical bond to the water pipe. Many plumbers tell me they have no idea what I am talking about. Now the regulars greet me with "the pipe is bonded". I always reply"show me". That's what this picture was all about. I was just funnin with Mule.

tigerloose said:
mtlogcabin,On every re-pipe inspection the first thing I ask is where is the electrical bond to the water pipe. Many plumbers tell me they have no idea what I am talking about. Now the regulars greet me with "the pipe is bonded". I always reply"show me". That's what this picture was all about. I was just funnin with Mule.
So MC meets the requirements of 250.62 or 250.104???

Upon further review, I do see a conductor in the mix. But really, what is up with the poly under the clamp?

EDIT: Put glasses on.

It was a re-pipe inspection. The tape is the plumber worried about dissimilar metal corrosion.

Well at least they tried to bond the system!

Is that BX they are using for a bonding wire?

Mule,

That is a stranded #4 with armor protection. It was installed by an electrician at the original water main during the course of a service panel upgrade.

I don't believe an electrician would have installed the bond clamp on the poly. Kind of defeats the purpose of the bond

The tape is the plumber worried about dissimilar metal corrosion
So did the plumber alter the electricians installation :?:

Well yes, the plumber replaced the pipe that the clamp was on.

I know the opening post is in regards to the anti-siphon devise in place, but I'm confused :? about the ground rod next to the water service entry? Is only one grounding wire being attach to the ground rod and the water pipe ground that then goes to the service panel? At least the grounding wire is protected. Very odd install! I'am out of goody's

Pcinspector,

The post was all about the clamp. Whenever one rod is required we require two ground rods or a test of the grounding electrode to verify that it is less than 25 ohms. So there is a ground rod adjacent to the service panel and a second rod at the water service.