• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Harbor Freight & Tool King

jar546

Forum Coordinator
In order to generate revenue to keep this board floating so I don't have to beg and bother people for contributions, we now get a small commission on sales through Harbor Freight and Tool King if you click on their banners and make a purchase. These banners are not visible to those logged in as a Sawhorse, otherwise known as someone who contributed money to the board.

So if any of you plan on making some tool purchases, please do so by clicking on the banners on this site.

Thank you.

I have always wanted to become a sawhorse, even have the envelope addressed and stamped...but now I can get that heavy-duty come-along I've always wanted and contribute to the board before actually supporting it.

Brudgers was kidding when he suggested we call ourselves Sawhorses. Apparently, besides brudgers, I am the only person that knows this. A simple "Jock" would have sufficed. You can even change mine to "Jerk" but get rid of Sawhorse. In the future, think about who you're talking with and realize that brudgers likes to have fun.

Tiger

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it sounded pretty cool and fitting. Yes, I am aware of his humor and realized it. It did, however make an impression. Next week I will change it to something else.

ICE said:
Brudgers was kidding when he suggested we call ourselves Sawhorses. Apparently, besides brudgers, I am the only person that knows this. A simple "Jock" would have sufficed. You can even change mine to "Jerk" but get rid of Sawhorse. In the future, think about who you're talking with and realize that brudgers likes to have fun. Tiger
Actually, I was serious. Forum Supporter was pretty dull...probably better for boards discussing SPQR and such.

Sawhorses works for me, I think most of us dull headed folks can plow through it................

ICE said:
Brudgers was kidding when he suggested we call ourselves Sawhorses. Apparently, besides brudgers, I am the only person that knows this. A simple "Jock" would have sufficed. You can even change mine to "Jerk" but get rid of Sawhorse. In the future, think about who you're talking with and realize that brudgers likes to have fun.Tiger
No worries Tiger, the brudgers didn't get me by the toe either. Regardless of his serious, or "jock"-ular mannerisms, I would much rather be a sawhorse and support the board rather than forum supporter (jock) and support the loons and nuts. ;)

Loons and nuts hey! Is that crazy people with balls? I run into them all the time.

That's why I love your photos ICE...and the fact you aren't supportive of that type of behavior. I am trying to teach our CEO how to take pictures like you do. Every now and again, I have to point out how the side view mirror should never be in the photos.

Papio Bldg Dept said:
That's why I love your photos ICE...and the fact you aren't supportive of that type of behavior. I am trying to teach our CEO how to take pictures like you do. Every now and again, I have to point out how the side view mirror should never be in the photos.
drive by photos, sounds like some of my guys. I do have an inspector that has taken over 10,000 pics in the last 5 yrs. They just aren't as postable as ICE's pics.

Alias said:
And what color are you suggesting painting that toe nail? :cowboy
"Dude, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon with nail polish. There are ways dude. I can get you a green toe."

-Walter Sobchak

I was leaning towards "jockstraps" for the boys and "brassieres" for the girls since they are both supporters, but then I thought it might be offensive to some people...... so forget I said anything. :eek:

= =

"Sawhorse" is ok with me, ...not the best, ...not the worst that I have been labeled,

besides I am hoping & praying that this Forum does not get sidetracked and spiral

down into something resembling that other "former forum" that we all used to be

members of.....Good grief!

Kudos to Jeff and the many others who regulary manage this Forum! :agree

& &

beach said:
I was leaning towards "jockstraps" for the boys and "brassieres" for the girls since they are both supporters, but then I thought it might be offensive to some people...... so forget I said anything. :eek:
beach,

they do make man bras as made famous by George Costanza on Seinfeld. must be gender correct and non- discriminating here!