• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

hard copy elevation certificate

Related to construction in the flood plain where the new building is above the minimum height, is it true that FEMA requires hard copy to be filed with seal in order to protect the validity of the elevation certificate? A contractor emailed me the elevation certificate and someone else in my office said that they need to either hand deliver the hard copy or mail it in.

# * # * #

Whether it is hand delivered, mailed in or

electronically delivered, IMO, ...one of the
"most important" pieces of information is
to have the legible signature & seal of the
RDP ( Registered Design Professional ) who
is certifying the information contained in
the document or documents........These are
what FEMA requires !

FWIW, ...been there, done that !

# * # * #

Who is the Flood Plain Administrator?
The local Flood Plain Administrator is my supervisor. He has a reputation for making things as hard as possible. Because harder is better? I don't think so. And that is why I ask. I have always agreed with "legible seals and signatures". And the licensed land surveyor is someone who we are very familiar with. So it seems to me like we are just making the hoop that much harder to jump through.

@ - @ - @

Bay Point, ...in my experiences with flood plain documentation
FEMA wields a pretty big stick and can make things harder if
they want to...........Having the fully certified, sealed & signed
documents from an RDP sure makes things go better, or at least
they did for me............Just sayin'...

& = & = &

@ - @ - @

Bay Point, ...in my experiences with flood plain documentation
FEMA wields a pretty big stick and can make things harder if
they want to...........Having the fully certified, sealed & signed
documents from an RDP sure makes things go better, or at least
they did for me............Just sayin'...

& = & = &
I've heard similar. That's why I was asking who the administrator is, because it's their responsibility.

The local Flood Plain Administrator is my supervisor. He has a reputation for making things as hard as possible. Because harder is better? I don't think so. And that is why I ask. I have always agreed with "legible seals and signatures". And the licensed land surveyor is someone who we are very familiar with. So it seems to me like we are just making the hoop that much harder to jump through.
What is so hard about requiring that the professional that prepared the document properly stamp in IAW State Statutes? Did you know that Elevation Certificated must be kept on file for the life of the building at the municipality?