• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Hello all from a new member

Hesterd

I have been reading threads for some time and thought I should join. I am a Home Inspector in Washington State and find myself intrigued with codes and find them extremely useful in doing my job.

Try fishing the Feather river at the outflow of the Lake Oroville after-bay. There's more fish caught per rod there than any other place on Earth. Up to 60 lbs.

ICE said:
Try fishing the Feather river at the outflow of the Lake Oroville after-bay. There's more fish caught per rod there than any other place on Earth. Up to 60 lbs.
Looks like a forrest of fishing rods too. Combat fishing rules. But that's where the fish bunch up for sure.

Brent

MASSDRIVER said:
Looks like a forrest of fishing rods too. Combat fishing rules. But that's where the fish bunch up for sure. Brent
Believe it or not, I fished that hole alone many times. Nothing beats it for a fish fight. Twenty years ago some city guy bought a local bait & tackle shop. He got some chatter going at a San Francisco radio station about the salmon runs and then it became a line of guys. I have heard it's guns and knives lately. I've thought about taking a boat but that's nowhere near the fun of a 40 pound fish on 10# line.

You can fish the other side of the river with a big red Mepps or a Blue Fox. They get that treble hook in the mouth and its easier to land the fish than with just a #6 hook. Less crowded for sure.

As low as Lake Oroville is, there may not be much water coming out of the after-bay. That has a big effect. It is easier to fish but there are fewer fish.

One day, just before dark, a sturgeon stuck his head out of the water about four feet away and took a look at me. Damned freaky that was. I recognized it and was concerned that it could knock me off the shelf. I was on the north side.

Last edited by a moderator: