• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Hello everyone!

Mrhatneb

Hello all!

My name is Rocky and I am a federal employee with the DOT for my 9-5. Currently doing a full gut Reno on my own house. When I finish with this I am planning on doing handyman work on the side. God knows I’ve bought enough tools to add to my already large collection. Found this forum when searching for a floor joist question. It looks like this is the place to be for a lot of my questions! So thank you in advance for all of those that respond!

Yeah, you can't have too many tools. Just installing a hardwood floor last
week I acquired 2 more pneumatic nailers - I think that's 7 or 8 now.

Welcome aboard!

Same here, remodeling my mothers home, (circa 1950). I have just about taken every tool I own to the house. I had to purchase a skim coat tool, a new recip saw, tile blades, paint sprayer. Can't find any good help. Hired a guy to paint the house before winter and all he got done was power washing, found him inside everytime I went to the house. Said he could install garage doors, had to redo his work so they would shut.

I know one thing "I hate wall paper!"

Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, put a new hardwood floor in a couple years ago, still have used the pneumatic flooring nailer since. Also haven't gotten rid of it.