• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Hello out there!

bozobozo

Bronze Member
I have already posted a few questions and so far the help has been great.

I am going to be building a new home in Lebanon County, PA. I will be the owner/general contractor. Presently trying to finish the plan package for the structural engineer to review/approve/seal the design.

The local building permit authority/inspectors are not able to answer specific questions prior to me submitting the plans for building permit approval. I realize this makes sense in some cases, but in others the question and answer can standalone without looking at the whole plan.

I hope to use you guys to help me get my plans as clean as I can before I actually submit them for approval. This should cut down on the iterations of the review/change/approval loop.

Thanks in advance to all and pls let me know if I am violating any forum protocols.

No you are fine, so far.

BTW, in the code world BOZO is an acronym for a Building Official/Zoning Official, is this not the case with you?

I remember a clown by that name many decades ago. So feel free to include some humor in your post. That is within the protocols of the board

Some of us need it just to get through our days.

Welcome to the forum...and best of luck to you. Hopefully you won't need to use the holy hand-grenade of Antioch on any BOs (or ZOs), but if you do, there are some helpful user guides in the Palaeartic-African Bird Migration forum.

I am an electrical contractor here in NC for 30+ years. I am active in local electrical contractors association and a member of 3 other forum- electrical. I have had the pleasure of meeting Chris Kennedy and working with Chris Jensen (Raider) at Mike Holt's forum. I hope I can help contribute to some electrical issues but with Chris and Chris you probably don't need any more help.:smile:

mtlogcabin said:
I remember a clown by that name many decades ago. So feel free to include some humor in your post. That is within the protocols of the boardSome of us need it just to get through our days.
The board has protocols? Where can I view these protocols? I like to know when I'm out of bounds.

It takes a secret handshake, ICE... otherwise, assume random, stupid stuff is ok.. until someone reminds you of the protocols.

peach said:
It takes a secret handshake, ICE... otherwise, assume random, stupid stuff is ok.. until someone reminds you of the protocols.
So I guess when stupid stuff isn't OK, I'll be fed the protocols, one at a time.