• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Help with 2011 E3 exam

MikeC

Silver Member
Okay, a bit of history - I have had my E1 for about a year. I recently took the E2 and passed it on the first shot (as I have with every ICC exam I have ever taken - 14 certs in total). So, about 3 weeks ago I gave the E3 a shot. I ran out of time, getting a 68% and leaving the last 7 questions unanswered. I figured a bit more familiarizing myself with the NEC would do the trick. This morning I took the exam again, finishing with 3 minutes left - not much time to double check the questions I was unsure of. Overall, I felt kinda okay about it until the proctor handed me the paper - 61%. I completely bombed "branch circuits and feeder requirements" and obviously screwed up some other stuff too.

Now, I am terrified because I have to wait another 5+ months before I can take it again. Obviously I need help navigating the book, but I don't think a 5 month break is going to help at all.

Do you know which questions you got wrong?

They will give you that information for a fee. I am considering that option considering I feel I should have done better. I think I may have been sure I answered some correctly, while I was actually wrong - which is very concerning.