• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Home Page Articles

Bryan Holland

Silver Member
How do we get an article "published" on the home page? I have posted several articles that indicate "not published". I am not certain these are being made available to the users of this board.

When you are posting the article, there are options to publish them. I think you need to go back and edit them and you will see the option to publish. I had to do the same thing on the 1 and only article I placed on the home page. Thanks for your contributions.

Bryan, I published them for you. One of the administrators may have to publish them and that is why that option was available to me. I think you have options to place meta tags so that the search engines can find the articles. Also, you have dates in there of 1969 so please check them on your edit screen.

Jeff,

I put one up on the Home Page that my alter ego had published in Fire Engineering a while back. Could one of the administrators get it posted since it says "Not Published" on the Home Page. BTW....the only options on my controls were to edit, save, accept and a couple others but not "publish" even after I clicked the edit one.

Thanks,

FMWB

Bryan Holland said:
What do you mean "dates in there of 1969" ? I don't follow...
It is a software thing I just figured out. The date of the article is by default 1969 until I as the administrator publish it. It then goes to the date of publishing.