• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Homeless with a view??

cda, thanks for sharing!

I have a few comments:
1) Didn't see much Police help, the firefighters have to work around the tent people, apparently the tent people caused no obstruction to fire fighting operations.
2) There was a comment that it was taking a lot of water, could foam be used in that situation?
3) Those 9 firefighters on the adjacent roof at the end would have had some issues with a solar panel array on the roof.
4) Was hoping they would have saved the AC units.
5) Wonder what the estimated cost will for the fighting that fire? Ball park/

cda, thanks for sharing!

I have a few comments:
1) Didn't see much Police help, the firefighters have to work around the tent people, apparently the tent people caused no obstruction to fire fighting operations.
2) There was a comment that it was taking a lot of water, could foam be used in that situation?
3) Those 9 firefighters on the adjacent roof at the end would have had some issues with a solar panel array on the roof.
4) Was hoping they would have saved the AC units.
5) Wonder what the estimated cost will for the fighting that fire? Ball park/

Would take to much foam, and hard to induct it into an aerial truck.

Well I kind of do not understand cost, like when the military do an operation, the equipment is paid for, the salaries are paid for, etc.

Just a thought. My guess is that a four person crew runs around $ 70 per person an hour. so around 280 an hour.

Cost of running a fire truck?? say $ 100 an hour?? just rough numbers.

Cost of water, not sure how much they got going maybe around 5000 - 7000 gallons per minute

looks like the front portion of the building had a bowstring truss roof, notice the curved part in the smoke, they usually end up being a large void space with a ceiling below, very dangerous during a fire and easy for fire spread and collapse.

Bowstring roof truss was used in a lot of automobile dealerships, wonder if that was an old dealership by the beach?