• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Hotel Fire-Rated Pool Door

COwen

I have a project where the door to the pool is specified as 45-minute fire rated. The complexities of pool codes and fire-rated codes have my head spinning.
  • The architect has specified "hotel lock by owner" which features a card reader.
  • The door manufacturer does not allow other locks to be used on the door due to UL testing.
  • To provide the same function, I would like to suggest a fire-rated door mfg approved electric strike with a card reader mounted to the adjacent wall.
Are there codes IBC or IFC codes I am missing? Does anyone have suggestions? Have you run into this before? If so, how did you proceed?

Thanks!