• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

How do I place cameras at this Site?

dfruzzetti

Hi. I'm new here and my question is ancillary to building code expertise, which I have very little of. I'm being asked to camera a shopping center that's all already built, and was built without any consideration anywhere for low voltage or Ethernet.

The Image in question (it's a shopping center - concrete construction)

I'm hoping someone can tell me roughly what I should use? Exposed wire is not okay here, but neither is penetrating all that concrete. Can I use simple PVC for the runs, or should I use LFNC, or should I be suggesting rigid metal and all the difficulty that goes with it?

And, since shopping centers aren't our strength (warehouses are), where am I going to get to run these back into the building?

Thanks for your help

Get hooked up with a good supplier like Axis thous of cameras, base, and mounting, IP base is the way to go, I would use pipe

Talk to an electrician

They can get wires anywhere

a strange question to begin with