• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

How Is Your Fiscal Year Going? 23-24

jar546

Forum Coordinator
LIke most of you, our fiscal year starts October 1 and ends September 30th the following year. For FY23-24 our numbers are a bit inconsistent but I suppose we have reasons for them. A lot of our new construction and concrete restoration projects sometimes takes up to 2 years and sometimes longer.

May kicks off the start of budget season, so I am curious what is happening around the rest of the universe.

Here are the numbers. What are you experiencing?

All numbers are Fiscaly Year to Date (FYTD) compared to last year.

Permit Fees: +17.74%
Apps: -16.96%
Issued: -7.5%
Inspections: +20.8%

This tells me we have fewer projects going on, but they appear to be larger.
Inspections are up because of the lag time in previously issued permits getting underway.

FYI, this is for two municipalities that I am building official for and have in the same permitting system. I work for one, and we have an interlocal agreement to provide building permitting services for the other.