• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

How often do you see this?

jar546

Forum Coordinator
That is a lot of work and equipment just to provide electric for a boat dock pedestal and future boat life. I guess the 800'+ distance has something to do with it. Comments?
Power for Dock Pedestal.png

The 1" PVC with 3-#3 and 1-#8 might not work with Schedule 80 PVC.

Last edited:
step up then step down (800'?)? Separately derived systems have other requirements but I am not really up on that right now. Why GFCI only on one side of the pedestal?

I don't recall having heard the term NEMA-3 ground before now. Is that an East coast thing?

I've seen the step up/step down transformers used before to keep the voltage drop on a long run within the 3% allowed by NEC without having to greatly oversize the conductors.