• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

How to Get New Post Back After Opening

Mule

Platinum Member
I remember some of us have complained about when you click on the "What's New" tab that you lose all of the old posts.

My computer/I-Service lets me use the back button and the list of new posts is as it was when I first opened it.

I have found that if you close out I-Explorer then reopen it that when you go back into this forum, the What's New list is back to it's long list. I don't know if this will work for others but it does for me.

Good luck and thanks to Jeff and all the others that make this board what it is!

Like you, I just use my back arrow out of IE, works for me. Seems as if you get out of that cycle, then it will only bring up the new posts since you last accessed, which it is designed to do I'm sure.

Not sure I understand the issue? Or if there is an issue. If you hit the back button and it returns you to where you one were is there some thing more to be were you where before you go back? Is it not the same place? Small one cell minds need to know!

Some members were having problems with the back button. The back button would not carry them back to where they were. It would show just a few posts and not several like when they originally opened up the forum.

I've been right-clicking and opening them as a new window (new tab if using IE8 at home...). This leaves the list intact as well.

RJJ - What happens is, if I go to a particular thread/topic/post, and then after reading and adding to it I click on the 'What's New' tab, the list I see is usually much shorter than when I initially logged in. Even if I didn't look at a thread, it is gone from the 'What's New' list. I have had occasion to get a completely blank list with a link to a page that displays the last 24 hours of topics/posts. I've tried to save that link as a 'favorite' but it doesn't work that way... the 'last 24 hour' list is time specific.

It seems that the best way to keep a long 'What's New' list is to log out and log back in again... That's OK, this board is still a genuine bargain... ;)

First! Guys I was only fooling with you all! I will try to see if I can experience the same issues. It was very early when I read the OP and just had a LOL moment!

If you click "Mark forums Read", then "New Posts", you will get a link to something like "To see all new posts in the last 24 hours click HERE" ...Click the HERE, and you're good to go.

RJJ said:
First! Guys I was only fooling with you all! I will try to see if I can experience the same issues. It was very early when I read the OP and just had a LOL moment!
Now that's just not right! rjj you are a hemorrhoid.......a pain in the.... :eek: ...Taking advantage of us poor old ........... forgot what I was going to say!