• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Humidity control in tight houses

This building is mentioned in the book Sun, Wind, and Light by Mark DeKay and GZ Brown. Not sure if it applicable, and they are doing this 'labyrinth' to cool a data center. But wonder how having a non perforated pipe at the slab edge perimeter blowing or finding a way to get the air to circulate naturally pulling that cool air out of the concrete into the air in the summer also bringing the concrete away from the dew point? I have a similar condition at my home office. It is in the lower level on a slab against the exterior wall. It is not insulated. My legs ache with the cold that comes off of that concrete.

Radiant cooling might work well in the desert Southwest, but it could be a disaster in the humid Southeast without very tight control of the dewpoint.