• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Hurricane proof, I hope

If that is on the Indian reservation and I think it is then I do not know what code they use and what agency might oversee it. When I was there locally (county) we had no jurisdiction over construction on a reservation.

I wonder how Broward County is handling this. I've been watching this as I travel down the FL Turnpike for a while now. Maybe Chris K has some insight.

They may have a code but I would wonder about the competency of their staff for a project like this. Maybe they contract with Broward County for help with large projects

https://www.semtribe.com/STOF/services/building-inspections-department
The Tribal Building Code is modeled upon the Florida Building Code. The Florida Building Code is compiled in four references with the National Electric Code adopted by reference. The four volumes are: Building, which includes energy, accessibility and state agency regulations, plumbing, mechanical and fuel gas.

All structures or buildings whether new or rehabilitative shall be designed and constructed based on the location of the reservation within the state of Florida and according to the wind-borne debris region map.

Two (2) sets of plans, one electronic plan and specifications signed and sealed by an architect or engineer registered in the State of Florida shall be submitted for review. Upon approval one (1) set will be returned “Job Site Copy” and one (1) retained for records.