• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

I almost fell, but still standing up

I wonder if the demo contractor has a penalty clause for that. The news release said there are a lot of roads closed.

if someone says state of the art for something new again I am going to ??? Has anyone ever built antiquated building, process or manufacturing plant?

The center of the building is undoubtedly the elevator shaft and the strong spot. What is confusing is that the shaft collapsed a long way before stopping. It looks like 20 feet of the bottom went away but the shaft didn't fall over.

Any ideas on what the liquid spewing out at the top is? It starts out clear and turns to black.

Last edited:
Any ideas on what the liquid spewing out at the top is? It starts out clear and turns to black.
I wonder if maybe this bldg. had a large water storage tank on the top floor for fire prevention. I know in some cities there are areas that water supplies are quite limited for fire protection and they mandate a large tank at our new the top of the bldg. to be used as a source of water for sprinklers. I seen some of those tanks get pretty grungy which may explain why the water was running black.

I'm thinking they may have left the water there to have more weight to help the bldg. collapse, obviously it didn't succeed but....