• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

I made CBO at last!

BSSTG

Gold Member
Greetings all,

I have been sidetracked doing other things the last 2 years but I finally made it. I passed the legal test after having made combination residential and combination building.

Now I know Righter just passed the tech and is gearing up for the legal. This may help. I found that the legal test was primarily out of the Building Department Administraion, Legal Aspects of Code Administration, and the one they are doing away with which is Effective Supervisory Practices (which is a really stupid book IMHO). There were no questions out of the IRC, IFC, and just a couple from the IBC. There were a few questions on budgets and such out of the finance book but I think they are doing away with that book too. Of course that may not always be the case. I will say this, a number of questions were verbatim out of the Building Department Administration Workbook. Having been trained as a code enforcement officer in Tx really was beneficial too as probably 50% of the test was about code enforement.

a sample question I recall

A building inspector turns down an inspection for a code violation

The building official reverses the inspector's decision and ok's the inspection knowing there is a code violation.

The building official is guilty of ____.

a malfeasance

b misfeasance

c nonfeasance

d ?

Happy Thankgiving to all

BS

Congratulations, BSSTG!

With regard to the exam question, I believe answer "D" should be "Not enough information to answer". The question does not indicate who the violator (property owner, contractor) is. Is he/she related to an alderman? Is he/she an alderman him/herself? Did the Building Official receive "The Call" from the big office upstairs?

This is why I detest multiple choice tests.

Again, congratulations!!

Nice work.

I think that most often but not always the answer to the question is:

b.Misfeasance.

Malfeasance is when the act is done to intenionaly cause harm as in hostile action.

Congratulations, BSST

The answer is D.

Fill in the blank; hesafeces for not backing his inspector!

Congratulations

Thanks for the advice/pointers

I am going to schedule to take it the 2nd or 3rd week of December, after finals. As JP mentioned, they are changing reference books and I just bought the ones needed, so....

I will let everyone know how it goes.

Congratulations! I took a copy of Blacks Law Dictionary in there with me for those kinds of questions.