• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Board Vs This Board

Glennman CBO

Silver Member
I notice once in a while there will be a new person post or comment on a topic here on this board. If I were a person involved in a code related profession or project, and I had a question regarding something in the I-Codes, my natural tendency would be to google "ICC" or "codes" or whatever, which would more than likely take me to the ICC board. How does a person find this board if they have not been referred to it by someone, or if they have never heard of it?

I personally, am enjoying this board, and I am quite surprized to see new commers once in a while. How do they find us?

I found this site through my disillusionment and departure from the ICC board, and was able to link onto it from the ICC board. I haven't tried to find this board through searches, or other means. Just curious.

Re: ICC Board Vs This Board

Natural migratory processes which are deeply embedded in all code professionals. You don't even realize they are there inside you.

If someone type in "building code message board" which is a popular search, we will come up on the major search engines. People have to search to find us unless they are referred at which point the referer needs to give them our web address.

Some are coming in from reading the ICC Archives (the old BB).

See Jar 546; third post down;

http://www4.iccsafe.org/cgi-bin/ultimat ... 6;t=000935

And there are other posts that direct folks here.

I have had several folks who saw my e-mail address, that I posted on the old BB; contact me and I directed them here.

Were still missing some key, long time contributers. Some of ya'll who are members should periodically check to see if they are posting on the new ICC board; and let them know where we are. Were still missing some Engineers and Architects; and would you believe it; I miss my old nemesis, George Roberts. :)

Uncle Bob

also by spreading the word/ link to other people, associations, etc.

"Uncle Bob, Do you miss the structural strap net guy? "

Oh great, now he'll show up......or is he like Beetlejuice, you have to say it three times?? :eek:

Fatboy,

Please don't say it two more times. :)

I would like to see the APA Help Desk here. He used to come on the old board and help answer questions.

Uncle Bob

So UB do you want his e-mail address to invite him to sign up on this board :lol:

I can give it to you as a late Halloween gift :p

FM William Burns said:
Tor-Eggs-Tor Tor-Eggs-Tor ............. :mrgreen:
Great, now that will be found by a Google search... :roll:

I guess everyone misses that Homer cat from Washington State also? He hated building inspectors and the city he lived in..... :D

LOL, Dave, can only speak for himself! ;)

I enjoyed reading Packsaddle's wit and constructive cynicism, and following the passionate banter between UB and ConArb! :lol:

And will Schepke ever make a reappearance? :?:

And have a wonderful (and safe) New Year Celebration!

:D :mrgreen: :p

UB: Someone needs to email the apa help desk and direct them here! It is on my list of people that have been lost.

George Roberts is another!

Codeteacher!

Lets go!

All still missing!

The board is starting to be found outside of ICC. In fact, not many post on the old BB. If you subtract our members there is just about none!

What we don't have is public homeowners coming in to ask question. This in time will open up through the search engines.

For those who are members of code groups and in contact with other inspector just spread the word. I still have some business card left from the Baltimore hearing and will be glad to share them with who ever wants to hand out a few cards at training and class etc. Just pm me and I will mail you some. That way they will have a card to reference to find the site.

I think George Roberts was out of Irvine CA. I'll see if I can locate him today.

Another was VMAC, I think he was from Sonohinish County in Washington State, however they went through some big lay-off's. I'll check there as well. :mrgreen:

Haven't heard from the prison guy in quite a while, must have been paroled. :lol:

I liked Homer :lol: He reminds me of my dad and some of the antics he would play on the poor code enforcement officers in S Fl trying to enforce some of their silly zoning codes.

I found out about this board in November in Baltimore. Business cards left by courtesy computers.

I also give the website out to people who can benifit from it and we can benifit from there info.

This is my first post so I am just starting to find my way around.

Did the ICC website start another board? If so is it any good?

I find that it is not very eazy to navigate to needed information at the new ICC website.

Joe,

Welcome to the forum.

As you can see; we have great wedsite here; with Inspectors, Building Officials, Architects, Engineers, Fire Service folks, etc. and growing at an amazing rate.

The ICC closed the old Bulletin Board and started a "less friendly" community that is more difficult to navigate and has very limited topics. We were given very short notice and Jar546, was kind enough to start this one for us. Most of us came from the old ICC Board.

I hope you will enjoy your time here,

Uncle Bob