• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Communication

FWIW.......I completed Beta testing for NFPA's code subscription site a few months ago and they incorporated many of my suggestions regarding the search functions and order of appearances for key terms and document sections etc. Sometimes it takes organizations time to get things where they need to be and more functional for users and I expect ICC will be similar. Those of you who assisted...hang in there but please don't blame me if it takes some time getting use to NFPA's improved functionality :)

FM William Burns said:
Sometimes it takes organizations time to get things where they need to be and more functional for users and I expect ICC will be similar.
Let's see - the ICC was formed in 1994 and NFPA in 1896. That means in the year 2109 we can expect a similar level of service from the ICC! I'll start holding my breath.....NOW!

Kyle understands.. he got blasted in Denver. He gets it.. he really does.. even to admit sharepoint is a bit clunky.. going to a sharepoint site was not his decision.. working with what he has.

The longer it goes without progress is just.. well, another idea that never starts... and we've all seen plenty of those!

Still holding my breath. Haven't heard squat myself except for a lousy e-mail. What's the story now Kyle? Are we still working here. Conference in hawaii?

again...........Kyle, know it's not your fault, but this start/stop sh!t is getting tiresome. My interest in the process has ebbed to an all time low........whatever.

fireguy said:
At one time, I tried to join the ICC. I was told that as a contractor, I did not meet thier qualifications. I understand that their standards have changed. Mine have not. Was it Groucho who said I would not join an orginization that would have me?
Love it! Groucho was also quoted as saying (paraphased) He may look like an idiot, and talk like an idiot, but don't be fooled. He really is a idiot. One of my favorites.

Oh, I'm still willing to work with ICC to get some kind of forum set up; I won't promise to visit there very often.. depends what they do. Anymore, I don't have much time except weekends to participate.. let alone Beta testing. I'm proud to be able to say I'm a member of ICC.. just like I'm proud to say I'm a member of NARI, DCBIA, DCRA's policy and residential TAGs and AFAA. I participate as/when I can for my own reasons.