• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

icc fire inspector

codeworks

Gold Member
any one taken the fire inspector 1 test lately ? i thought i might shoot for it, no idea where to start with studying, except fire code

Took it many moons ago

But tab the book to include table of contents and index

I think you use the Ibc a little unless that changed

If you took the test the day after I did could not add any other study ideas

If you are not sure the answer look it up, especially if you been through a few different code editions

I took it earlier this year. I still have the content outline, let me scan it tomorrow at work and turn it into a PDF and I'll post it on here. You need three texts- the IFC, the IBC and IFSTA's "Fire Inspection and Code Enforcement" latest edition (7th I think.) If you dont have this one, I found a pretty clean copy at a used textbook website for $40.

Been a couple years ago, I wouldn't worry about Chapters 1-10 to much.....famaliarize yourself with the IFC from Chapter 11 on, especially from Chapter 27 on, where most of the time you have no reason to be there. It seamed like those were the tough questions, just figuring where to look. Good luck, keep us posted!

Saying that the 1-10 is stuff very similar or same as the IBC.

took that one last year. IFSTA's "Fire Inspection and Code Enforcement" latest edition. Never even opened it and really did not need it.

jpranch said:
took that one last year. IFSTA's "Fire Inspection and Code Enforcement" latest edition. Never even opened it and really did not need it.
I thought there was another book and yes remember not using it

And only a few out of ibc

when I took Fire 1, almost all the questions came out of IFSTA. Fire 2 is almost all IFC.