• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Instructors?

mtlogcabin

SAWHORSE
Has anybody had Scott Stookey as an intructor for Hazardeous materials or the 2009 IFC update classes. He is one of the instructors in an upcoming training seminar and unfortunantly he is opposite Doug Thornburgh on one of his classes, Doug has been teaching in our area for over 8 years that I know of and is a very good instructor.

I see where Scott Stookey has co-authored some of the training materials so I am not questioning his knowledge. I am asking for insite on his teaching abilities.

Does he read the material to you or is it a guide?

Does he bring real world examples into the class?

Does he keep it moving?

Does he keep it lively or is it slow and people nod off?

Pros and cons on his classes would help decide which classes to attend

Thanks

Re: ICC Instructors?

MLC,

That would be the great Poobah of Hazmat (Scott Stookey); CDA will surely come along soon and tell you all about him. He really knows his stuff.

Uncle Bob

Flip a coin...they are both good...what subject matter do you need the most help in?

OK well when you get paid to promote someone you just got to do it , in this economy

especaially

Does he read the material to you or is it a guide?

kind of both but more on the guide side ( depends on the class given)

Does he bring real world examples into the class?

yes, very much, he has been around and seen many things. very good examples

Does he keep it moving?

yes, he hates to get stuck going in circles on one subject

Does he keep it lively or is it slow and people nod off?

you only nod off if you are not interested in the subject matter, and just there for the hours.

also, bring the questions, that helps the class greatly.

I will tell you I do not like the icc update classes, because to me I do not learn much from them. they are a canned presentation, that seem to just hit the ""solid vertical lines"""

I would take a Scott class if you have never heard him speak before. You will not regret it.

Also, you will not be late for lunch, especailly if there is """BBQ""""

FM William Burns

Have a BBQ budget problem???????

not sure why he is not posting???

cda: Send him an email! Tell him he is missed!

I think he is Hibernating, and besides that would only make him feel wanted

I've worked with both and they are both great instructors although I know Scott from years back and only spoken with Doug on a couple of occasions. You'll have a great time with either.