• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC plan review training

BSSTG

Gold Member
Greetings all,

Am considering the IBC IRC training in Nashville put on by ICC in November. I sure would like to know what you folks opinions are on their training. I have never been to any hosted by ICC before. It's a full week though and a long way from home.

BS

I went to the 4 day plan review training last year and thought it was well worth the money.

It was only one hour from home so I was able to commute, but I think it is worth traveling for if there is none closer.

The instructors make or break a class. I went to this ICC hosted training about 8 years ago. The IBC instructor was great, he brought in a local engineer to do the one day covering structural plan reviews and he was good in the fact he was able to communicate on a tradesman level in lieu of an engineers level.

The IRC portion was a different instructor and not what was advertised. The class was taught towards an entry level inspector with less than a hour devoted in 2 days to residential plan review

Perhaps someone here can give you some insight on the instructors that ICC has listed for the classes

Do you have a link to the training???

I try to avoid the overview classes, most just read from the slide and you do not learn much