• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

icc:Those Dirty buggers!!!

Re: icc:Those Dirty buggers!!!

Just posted that info on another thread a couple of minutes ago. It will take them some time to migrate their information to the new site and work out the bugs for Monday morning.

Some how I don't think it will ever be the same. The icc site is too politically correct for me? We will see? "Communties of interest". What a crock!

I give credit for reponding!

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 10:53 AM

To: Webmaster

Subject: AGAINST new "Bulletin Board"

I do believe the ICC goals are limited by the current policy of exclusion

“…members only benefit in the world of idea exchanges, peer interaction, and access to targeted news and other information that is specific to your professional discipline.”

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 8:30 PM

Subject: RE: AGAINST new "Bulletin Board"

Thank you for your input, which was forwarded to me due to my oversight responsibilities for our new Communities of Interest.

Our old bulletin board shared the same web technology as the rest of our previous ICC site, technology that prevented any modernization and expansion of capabilities of that site. We did not specifically target the bb as something we wanted to “get rid of”,in building a new web site. However, as an unavoidable consequence of moving to new web technology, the bulletin board could not be maintained as a separate island, and could not be meshed with the new logins and security. When significant changes and upgrades are decided, and the various options that ensue from the decision become apparent downstream, then and only then does the old line “You can’t always get what you want” really hit. A members only area is, I think, justifiable for a membership association, and Communities of Interest seem to be the area of choice for that feature in web design these days. Communities of Interest do also seem like the logical place for discussions among folks of like interest. Unfortunately, the result is that the discussion software is embedded in a member’s only area of the site.

We are working on a link to make all the previous bulletin board threads available, as many members have noted that there is a good deal of valuable information in some of the threads, something none of us want to lose. Going forward, we are encouraging ICC members to join one or more of the new Communities and begin to initiate or participate in new discussion threads which will, with everyone’s participation, continue to provide a great forum for member discussions.

If you are not currently a member, we invite you to explore the different membership levels to determine which one will fit your budget, and perhaps that of your employer. Your participation as a member will have many benefits, including but certainly not limited to our Communities of Interest sites, which have not only a discussion posting feature but include convened electronic meetings and regular updates from relevant media and web sites. Additionally, many of our members find that the discounts they receive on publications, training and professional certifications substantially offset the cost of their membership each year.

Again, thank you for your input, which is valuable to us as we continue to evaluate how the new site is working, and what may need fixing.

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:26 AM

To: @iccsafe.org

Subject: RE: AGAINST new "Bulletin Board"

I do believe the previous level of activity was valuable for the goals, seems to me this value was not a priority for the new website. I will look at the membership options, please email me when you have data that the new “communities of interest reaches” the same activity level as the old bulletin board