• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Website defugalty

ewenme

Sawhorse
I went online at the old ICC to renew my CBO. It only took about an hour, with a long phone call to the nice lady in the IT department who had to "merge" my information into the mainstream of cyber space in the ICC basement [or where ever it resides]. My plumbing/mechanical inspector had the same experience. He called it: "that was way more painful than it needs to be."

While I was there I checked out the 'communities of interest' which don't seem to be attracting much Interest! Someone needs to hold a mirror up to them and see if they are still breathing. :eek:

Sounds like you had some bad luck. I found the online renewal process to be quick and easy; much better then the paper forms.

I do agree with your assessment of the Communities of Interest. Those serve almost no purpose....