• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC zoning inspector exam

zoning incpector certification consists of two books 1) international zoning code 2) legal aspects of code administration.

Can some body tell me how many questions from legal aspects of code administration, in ICC zoning inspector exam.

Gauherr,

Welcome to the forum!

If you're asking if you need the Legal Aspects book - Yes!! And not only for the test, but it's a great reference to have around the office.

I don't recall precisely, but I'd venture to say at least half of the questions come from that text.

Good luck!! Let us know how you did!

thank you for your reply. you mean half of the questions come from legal aspects of code enforcement book and other half from international zone code book.

Code Neophyte,

I got zoning inspector certification today. Thank you for your timely guidance, realy there were ton of question from legal aspects of code enforcement. I was misconcepted about the weightage of LACE book.

thank you once again.

happy christmas and new year.

Congratulations! Glad I could help. Many many members of this board (and its predecessor) have been very helpful to me in the past as I've sought new certifications. Be sure to make this site a frequent visit and don't hesitate to jump in on the conversations.

I've found the Legal Aspects book to be a valuable reference even after the certification exams.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, as well!!

my electrical inspector passed it with just the IPC and some field experience, if that's any help.

As for the zoning exam, since zoning is so jurisdiction specific, I'd stick with mostly legal aspects... almost no one adopts the International Zoning Code.

Congrats.. a feather in your cap!

thank you peach.

I open a new thread at commercial plumbing section, and place my question there, I would like if you or your inspector reply.

We don't have zoning in Houston (hurray) so that cert wouldn't help me much down here - but I like collecting certs. NONE of the certs help me in my present job, just makes me look better in the eyes of my superiors.

Congrats on passing the zoning test and glad to have some new people here. welcome aboard. Do you do zoning/code enforcement? The ICC Zoning inspector is a little puzzling to me because every jurisdiction has different zoning rules.

Yes I did zoning /code enforcement for 17 years , but not doing now a days.

Every jurisdiction has different zoning rules, but legal aspects of code enforcement are thousnads and thousand times more usefull in all building and related code enforcements.

zoning inspector certification is equally helpfull in building, zoning, plumbing, electrical , mechanical, energy ode enforcement.