• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Idea for online references "topic".

Jobsaver

Central Arkansas (pop. 30,000 - near Little rock)
I think a Online Codes & References section should be established as a permanent feature of this website. A section dedicated to posting links to Ecodes, AWC publications, referenced standards, etc.

Preferably, at least one thread of this section would be used exclusively for the purpose of making references easy to find, as opposed to another discussion thread.

* & * &

As a matter of practicality and to limit the number of "actual"

worthy links, I am suggesting / requesting that a Moderator

keep an eye on this sticky thread!

So that it doesn't become loaded down with too many links.

I have visited other forums and some of the links posted on

some of their "permanent stickies" were not really that

informative, ..helpful, but rather, more marketing than

anything else!

While I too believe that a "permanent sticky" for this type

of information is a great idea, ...I also think that it could

easily become clogged with non-useful links.

& * & *

Thanks north star. That is exactly right.

I think it should be moderated so that at least a portion of the section is dedicated to actual e-codes and actual adopted references links.

I'm no administrator, but it seems a moderated topic should be established at the beginning of the topical lists. Then, a moderated thread exclusively for links to ecodes. Then a moderated thread for links to adopted references. Additional threads could be used for discussion, and, for posting links to manufacturers, equipment info, installation manuals, etc.

This type of set-up would make codes and references easy to find, to engage and fact-check while using this forum.