• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Insights on 'Assignment'

roybs12

Hi all,
I am here for one of my friends.
He has been thinking of purchasing a condo for a long time now. Recently, he signed an agreement with a Richmond Hill condos after paying the down payment. But, unfortunately, he was laid off from his job. So, it is difficult for him to take the condo unit. It all happened so fast, he is really in a great crisis now. I wanted to help him. When I presented this to my other friends they suggested to me something called ‘Assignment’. Since, I couldn’t digest the concept completely, here I am to know more about it. Please let me know your thoughts. TIA!!!

Sorry do not talk Canadian

Has he done all the paperwork and now owns it ????

Maybe, it is a sub-lease / rental, but he has not
bought it yet?????

or

It is just finding another buyer to take the loan??

Sounds like he needs a real estate abogado.

Last edited: