• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Irma vs post Andrew

I was in LaBelle Fl when Andrew arrived. The aftermath was terrible. Homes that where built before the late sixties early seventies did really well. Those after that where destroyed. I believe the Miami Grand Jury found the building department did not have enough manpower to properly inspect all the construction that took place in the eighties .
that was the beginning of ISO ratings of building departments
My 87 year old parents are still there in their 1958 constructed CBS home.

I wonder how high the wall is??

He is close to the surf

House:;
It's located on a narrow barrier island, flanked by the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean, but its walls are 3-feet thick, anchored by steel and concrete beams embedded into coral rock. On Friday, shutters could be seen covering some of the mansion's windows.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-luxury-homes-hurricane-irmas-path/646795001/

Last edited: