• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Is house wrap a good enough barrier

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Read chapter 3 then tell us what you think has to be done.

They want to pour the front porch concrete against this wrap where it is untreated OSB behind the wrap. They already did it where they had to raise the foundation in that area because of an elevation mistake.

IMAG0117.jpg

Not compliant in my opinion.

Jeff, I appreciate all of the new posts. It is nice to have some fresh material. Thanks.

No way is that per code and no way is that a good idea.

I've seen my fair share of head-shakers.. but you definitely have the market cornered...

I have never seen anything like that.

so wrong, so very wrong... why did they make an "elevation mistake" in the first place?

jar,

am I reading your report correctly, DO NOT POUR CONCRETE UNTIL I GET BACK FROM DEER HUNTING! Man your tough on em!

pc1