• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

is it me or did the site change?

Come on people...get with the program. Running Windows XP forever isn't such a good idea either.
Yes but XP was replaced by Vista which was a failure, Vista was replaced by Windows 7 which continues to be a success but was replaced by Windows 8 which has been a failure, my understanding is that Windows 10 is a success, it seems that every other version is a failure, vBulletin 4 is still available.

A major problem for me is that my UBB Code extension works at some times and not at others, for instance I had to hand code the link above.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my biggest problem with the new design too, there's not enough contrast and everything looks very drab. I haven't really looked around yet to see if there are any user settings that we can change at our end.
I think you can change these in your profile, under "Customize My Style". Lots of options for colors, fonts, etc.

I don't recall that there were problems with the former forum and I wonder what more did we need.
The biggest problem with using older versions of software becomes when the company stops releasing security fixes for it, similar to Microsoft no longer releasing fixes for Windows XP. This poses a huge problem for IT folks when it comes to the security of the software, instead of the company providing free fixes for security flaws, you would now have to pay to get the same service. Most companies cannot afford to pay what Microsoft pays it's programmers, so the service is no where near where it once was. In short, most users would not notice a problem from this until it became a catastrophe.