• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

is it me or did the site change?

TheCommish

did the layout of the forums change today, I noticed this morning the whole site changed looks for me, or did I hit upon an unknown setting?

Not just you. Still having trouble figuring out where to go (as if I don't get told where to go often enough).

Tapatalk has to be reinstalled which we are doing tomorrow. Sorry for that.

Yes, the forum has changed but for the better in the long run. It is the same software, just an updated version. Sort of like getting a newer version of a car you've been driving for a while. The buttons are in different places but it is still the same car. Please take the time to go over the new look. There are a bunch of new things we can do now. The bugs are being worked out

I don't recall that there were problems with the former forum and I wonder what more did we need.

Come on people...get with the program. Running Windows XP forever isn't such a good idea either.

Anything new bothers some folks, I'm already getting used to it........the only glitch I found was the new posts, and that's been fixed.

I still hadn't figured out the old one so probably not going to affect me as much. I can work with it, just gotta play with it a little. The only problem I found so far was the new topics button, but it apparently works now. Is that the one we would use like we did the other one to quickly see what's new?

The new look is terrible. It's just so Blah! The place needs a rose garden or something. And what's with the bar code under our name. So I realize that you are trying to do a good thing but trust me on this' date=' you effed up.[/quote']Tiger:

This roll-out has gone much smoother than the JLC's roll-out of the same vBulletin version, it took weeks before anyone could post anything, at least without several error messages requiring starting all over again. They have lost lots of participants and others are still threatening to leave unless something is changed. I give Jeff credit, he seems to have pulled it off, albeit not nearly as nice as what we had before.

I still hadn't figured out the old one so probably not going to affect me as much. I can work with it' date=' just gotta play with it a little. The only problem I found so far was the new topics button, but it apparently works now. Is that the one we would use like we did the other one to quickly see what's new?[/quote']Yes, except this goes directly to the most current post, rather than the thread itself.

JAR did you send out a warning I missed, just caught off guard by the change, not a problem I will figure it out

JAR did you send out a warning I missed' date=' just caught off guard by the change, not a problem I will figure it out[/quote']I fired off a warning shot or two over the past few weeks but that actual notification that I got was last minute and not on schedule.

The new look is terrible. It's just so Blah! The place needs a rose garden or something. And what's with the bar code under our name. So I realize that you are trying to do a good thing but trust me on this' date=' you effed up.[/quote']Yeah, I don't even know what the bar is for under our name. Lots of stuff to figure out. I'm glad you like it!!

The new look is terrible. It's just so Blah! The place needs a rose garden or something. And what's with the bar code under our name. So I realize that you are trying to do a good thing but trust me on this' date=' you effed up.[/quote'] That's my biggest problem with the new design too, there's not enough contrast and everything looks very drab. I haven't really looked around yet to see if there are any user settings that we can change at our end.