• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Is this a violation?

adopted by reference in Mass. AF103.4.1 floor openings "Openings around bathtubs, showers, water closets, pipes, wires or other objects that penetrate concrete slabs, or other floor assemblies, shall be filled with a polyurethane caulk or equivalent sealant applied in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations."

Not sure what the green stuff is but Shirley a violation...
Looks to be part of this product, the white label is probably telling you that its various listings:

What I'm unclear on is how this product complies with the IPC, which I assume it does. Is it based on the idea that a tub overflow pipe is not a waste pipe per se, and so 702.1 does not apply to it? Or is there some general language in Chapter 3 I overlooked that allows an innovative part to deviate from some of the rules as long as it is listed for the application?

Cheers, Wayne

Unless there will be an access panel … are the braided hoses allowed to be concealed?