• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Is this notch too large?

wow, wow, wow, wow!

Yeah, I got me a brand new reciprocating saw, I can make it fit, no problem.

How did you keep from laughing out loud right on the spot?

globe trekker said:
rshuey,Can you please submit a photo of the compliant fix for this. Thanks!

I don't have a photo handy, but probably just needs some Great Stuff.

rshuey said:
I don't have a photo handy, but probably just needs some Great Stuff.
Does Lowes or Home Depot carry that? Prety sure 84 Lumber and Builders Square went under because they could'nt get the "Great Stuff"

You have to buy the orange great stuff, not the yellow great stuff. the yellow isn't "structural"

Cannot really see enought in the pic but it may be ok as a bearing post is added to the right and on the left is a wall-- why didnt they just cut it off?

why didn't they just offset it into the floor joist space (kick it up towards the subfloor). nice job, not! that puts the "H" in hack....

Notch is OK, duct is too small. Then the dead tree could be screwed to the duct.

I had to ask my Administrative Assist if it was code compliant, she is still laughing.

Who uses galvanized pipe for plumbing, is that fire sprinkler piping?

TheCommish said:
I had to ask my Administrative Assist if it was code compliant, she is still laughing.Who uses galvanized pipe for plumbing, is that fire sprinkler piping?
Sprinkler pipe is black or orange

in wet or damp location sprinkler piping can be galvinized also, just finished a highway garage an the speck call for all the piping to be galvinized.